Kick Off Our Strength/Balance
We asked guest Corporate Yoga Instructor, Vicky Li, to share 5 reasons to attend corporate yoga class.
To kick off our strength / balance activities this November, we asked guest Corporate Yoga Instructor, Vicky Li, to share 5 reasons to attend corporate yoga class. Here’s what she had to say.
1. Accessibility. Attending a yoga class onsite makes it easily accessible, and therefore much easier to commit to doing.
2. Customised routines. Corporate yoga movements can be designed to stretch particular muscle groups and is an excellent practice to combat repetitive stress injuries or postural imbalances that occur from long periods of sitting at a desk or computer.
3. Build connection. Practicing yoga with colleagues creates connection in a fun and relaxing setting and increases your physical fitness. Feelings of connection and community have been shown to boost immune systems. And, it’s harder for individuals to disagree with each other if they share a mutual connection!
4. Me time. Taking a yoga break during the workday is proven to be a really effective way of becoming refreshed and more focused. Mindfulness is another valuable benefit of regular yoga practice and people can integrate this into their daily working life— in yoga it’s about connecting yourself with the present moment— being in tune with your surroundings.
5. Stress Reduction. Yoga in the workplace is a great way to combat stress. Exercises provides relief and eases work—related tensions as a result of long hours sitting at a desk.